Changes because of the COVID-19 pandemic:
We will be following guidelines put out by the Association des camps du Québec (ACQ) and Health Minister regarding safety protocols to ensure any potential carriers of the virus do not show up to our camps and unknowingly spread it to other campers or staff. Be aware that the standards are high and will affect the programming and normal flow of our days.
Our camps have a small ratio, and are fully outdoors to begin with – this is our expertise. We are therefore confident that we are in a good place to support families and youth in this time of need. Even given the limitations, we know that our creative staff, our diligence with safety standards, and the magic of the outdoors will provide a deeply enriching experience for your child this summer.
How will camp be different this year?
- Everyone will always remain 2 meters apart from any other campers or staff
- Objects will not be shared
- Hand washing will be frequent
- Expectations regarding conduct will be strict: campers won’t be able to return to camp should they disrespect the safety rules
- Families will be asked to send their child with some extra gear (some of which we can help with if need be).
- an umbrella on rainy days
- a notebook and pen
- a 1 litre water bottle (or more)
- If a camper (or staff) shows up with any signs of illness, they will be asked to stay home.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed our cancellation policy for our summer camps of 2020.
If you need to cancel:
- A full refund, less a $40 administration fee per camp week per person will be issued to any cancellation made during the notice period of 14 calendar days or more prior to the start date of the camp.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations made less than 14 days before the first day of camp.
- Families adversely impacted by COVID-19 who have to cancel their registration within the 14 day notice period will receive a full refund, less the $40 administration fee per camp week per person.
If we need to cancel:
- We will inform you at least two weeks prior to the first day of the summer camp session.
- You will then be able to either:
- Receive a full refund.
- Make a donation to our scholarship fund to give youth the opportunity to be mentored in nature
All of this and more will be sent in our Welcome Package, 1 week before camps begin. You will be asked to read the document thoroughly and contact us if anything is of concern or if you need support with something.
Join us this summer for a week of nature adventures, wilderness skills, games and challenges to grow our awareness and connection of the wild world. Youth between 4 – 12 years old will learn about plants, mammals, tracking, birds, and survival skills. These lessons are presented in ways that nurture common sense, problem-solving, community and team building, authentic communication, gratitude, reverence for the natural world and respect. Our ratio is 1(+1):6 (one adult plus one teen assistant for six youth).
Our mornings will begin with welcome stations that include higher-energy games and a nature museum with field guides, feathers, and plaster casts of animal tracks to explore. Once everyone has arrived we have an opening circle and share a story to frame the day. Then campers break into age-specific groups, where they will spend the day wandering, crafting, doing activities related to the theme of the day, or engaging with whatever magic and mystery the forest provides, to end with a final closing circle to share stories of the day.
This program is available for youth between 4 – 12 years old.
From Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm.
- $275 (+ tax) per week
- $25 (+ tax): before-care (8:30-9am)
- $35 (+ tax): after-care (3-4pm)
Signing up for more then one week is not a problem!
Our activities vary enough from week to week to keep it interesting. Children will often take on a project (like making a basket, or practicing friction fires) and continue working on it for more than one week of camp. We pay special attention to youth who are returning so that they are always engaged.
Click here to register!
*** Please note that all our activities are adapted to be in complete accordance with the By-law concerning parks under the jurisdiction of the city council of the city of Montréal. We invite you to learn the rules specific to the Montreal parks you like to spend time in with your family. Following these by-laws we will all be doing our part to support the ecological health and safety of our precious wild spaces. ***