“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”
– W.B. Yeats –
This is a 2 day a week drop-off and bilingual program for homeschooling participants aged 7 to 10 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. A forest immersion program to play, learn and build community! This is meant to be a significant compliment to homeschooling families’ learning endeavours.
Forest Schoolers Program is designed to engage, inspire, and connect participants deeply with the wild world around and inside themselves. Our missions will be to take the observations and experiences we lived out on the land and understand the stories of life around us.
- 1 day of forest adventures at a local park at Angrignon Park
- 1 day of indoor time where we will offer some focused projects related to what we are experiencing outside, and the theme of the month.
- From January to June, 2023
- 1 campout
- 3 days (2 night)
- In May 2023
- A small ratio of adult staff to participants (1:6)
- The program size will be between 10 and 12 participants.
- Numerous special guests who will teach and inspire on various subjects
- Visits to Kawisente’s forest in Kahnawake to learn about her culture and the wilderness there
We will send a short summary of what we did with the students each week, including some pictures and highlights, so you can keep track of the lessons and themes we are exploring. These summaries can be used for your documentation when submitting your learning projects for homeschool evaluations.
How will we approach bilingualism?
The forest days will be presented primarily in French. The classroom days will be presented primarily in English. Our staff are bilingual and will always be willing to translate if need be and happy to do so! ***
From January 2022 to June 2023
Click on the registration page below to see the dates of the days in Montreal and the trips.
Please sign up to the waiting list if you are interested! We will open up another group if we have enough participants.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments!
Stay tuned by signing up to our newsletter!