‘Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.’ – W.B. Yeats
Coyote programs is excited to offer this amazing program again: a weekly nature program for youth!
This is an opportunity for kids to have weekly immersion into the
natural world, into intentional community living, and in skills and adventures that will deepen their connections with the life around them. Immersed in our cultural mentoring model, we will find home in the wilds of Montreal, in community, and in our hearts and visions.
Some of the culture-building routines that we want to practice include:
– Sharing sincere gratitude
– Setting goals in community
– Setting peace-keeping community agreements
– Opening and using all of our senses
– Practicing being quiet and observant in the forest
– Making music together
– Following our passions to the lessons they will lead us to!
Some of the activities we want to sink our teeth into include:
– Friction fires
– Finding the tracks and signs of wildlife
– Learning how to listen for the language of birds
– Practicing being sneaky and camouflaged like animals
– Learning about and using edible and medicinal plants (and how to avoiding the dangerous ones!)
– Mapping the land
– Crafts with natural materials such as basket-making
– Tarp and knot skills
– Navigation and lost-proofing
– Natural shelter building
– Playing awesome games inspired by nature
– … and much more!
This program is for ages 7-13, with the foxes at ages 7 to 9 and otters at ages 10 – 13. We start and end the day all together, and we invite the kids to split into their packs age groups for the day.
Kawisente McGregor’s beautiful backyard forest in Kahnawake.
Every Sunday for 8 weeks, from 10am – 3pm
Fall 2017 – October 15th until December 3rd, inclusively
Spring 2018 – March 18th until May 13th, inclusively (excluding Easter weekend)
1 season (8 days): $400
If you need financial assistance, click here.
To secure your spot in the program:
You must both fill in the registration form by clicking HERE, and pay a minimum of the deposit. Payments can be done online or via cheque sent to:
3712 Ave du Parc
We will confirm receipt of your cheque by email as soon as it arrives.
Payment in full is due 1 week before the first program day (we will send a confirmation email and reminder 2 weeks before), please confirm via email if you will bring a check in person on the first day, this is acceptable as well.