Summer Camps during COVID-19
Even though all our programs are on hold until further notice, we are hopeful about running our summer camps. Our understanding is that outdoor groups, with small ratios are considered very safe. Which is what we are all about! We are waiting on news from the ACQ (the Camping Association of Québec) regarding day camps health and safety protocols and standards to follow.
Stay tuned by signing up to our newsletter:
Join us for a week of nature adventures, wilderness skills, games and challenges to grow our awareness and connection of the wild world. Youth between 4 – 12 years old will learn about plants, mammals, tracking, birds, and survival skills. These lessons are presented in ways that nurture common sense, problem-solving, community and team building, authentic communication, gratitude, reverence for the natural world and respect. Our ratio is 1(+1):6 (one adult plus one teen assistant for six youth).
(4 to 12 years old)
What we get up to:
Some of the culture-building routines we practice:
- Sharing sincere gratitude
- Setting goals in community
- Setting peace-keeping community agreements
- Opening and using all of our senses
- Practicing being quiet and observant in the forest
- Making music together
- Following our passions to the lessons they will lead us to!
Some of the activities we will do:
- Friction fire
- Finding the tracks and signs of wildlife
- Learning how to listen for the language of birds
- Practicing being sneaky and camouflaged like animals
- Edible and medicinal plants
- Mapping the land
- Tarp and knot skills
- Crafts with natural materials such as basket-making
- Navigation and lost-proofing
- Natural shelter building
- Playing awesome games inspired by nature
- …and much more!
*** Please note that all our activities are adapted to be in complete accordance with the By-law concerning parks under the jurisdiction of the city council of the city of Montréal. We invite you to learn the rules specific to the Montreal parks you like to spend time in with your family. Following these by-laws we will all be doing our part to support the ecological health and safety of our precious wild spaces. ***